fever 103

Rouze up! Set your foreheads against the ignorant Hirelings! — Wm. Blake

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Time Takes Time, You Know

I'm so glad that today is over. Last night I worked on my 16 page paper till 12:30, and after desperately trying to regain my second wind with dinner and black tea, I just gave up and went to bed and woke up at 6:30 to eke out a few more pages and finish it. I had finished my 3 page paper the day before, so I just attached both papers to an email to myself and sent it. When I got to school and went to print out the three page paper, I opened up the file and found that it was an older, unfinished version from a few days ago. I called home, thinking that if the full version was on the computer and I attached the wrong file, Thom could email me the full one. But no, it was not there. So I had to go see my professor and tell her what happened. After that I went to take my Latin test, which wasn't really that bad. Between the part I took yesterday and the part I took today, I think I did pretty well. After that, I went to Buddhism class, which was just a review session, and then to Epic class, to turn in my epic 16 page paper, talk about The Waste Land, and get out of there.

On days when Thom is at work when I get off of school, I walk home. I live way too close to pay $100 a semester for a parking pass and pollute the ozone layer and use more gas, but at the same time, even though I'm really close, the university bus doesn't come out to my house. Not close enough for it, yet not far away enough, either. I can get a city bus there, but I'd have to sit on it for an hour before the loop came around again. Oh, well, I need the exercise anyway. I totally booked it home today because I wanted to finish re-writing that paper as soon as possible and send it to my professor.

After I finished the paper and sent it, I thought, "wow, the semester's over." It isn't technically. After all, I have exams, the first one being the day after tomorrow, but by next Thursday, I'll not only be 21, but I'll be DONE. (OK, I know my profile says that I'm 21 already, but that's because I didn't feel like writing 20 and then having to change it.) I laid down on the bed for a little while and then got up to clean. The cottage has gotten pretty messy over the past few days, since Thom's been working and I've been too busy to even wash dishes or put clothes away. OK, I know I'm not too busy to do that, but I FEEL I'm too busy to do it. Once I got off the bed, the cottage was straightened back up again in five minutes. I'm going to make an entry about the cottage, tonight I think. I've wanted to do it for a few days now, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I can put some pictures up, but I really just wanted to describe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home