fever 103

Rouze up! Set your foreheads against the ignorant Hirelings! — Wm. Blake

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Random Poem from 12/21/04

Like a fool I threw my words
Like corn-seed in the grass,
To be eaten by the wild birds
Or crushed as people passed.

I threw them without thought or need
Of tilling any land.
I threw them out with graceless speed
And with no skill of hand.


But now that I have met with you
My words have so improved
that could I give you reason to care
You might, in fact, be moved.

I've fashioned all my going words,
Like those I speak of you.
Unlike the seed, they're now like flocks
I tend lovingly to.

Because every word or thought of you
I've rendered by such art
That in or out, 'fore mind or mouth,
It tugs first at my heart.

Until now, I had totally forgotten about that poem. I vaguely remember writing it in the middle of the night, in one of my many noctural sessions at the time. If you couldn't pick up on it, it was to a guy that I had a crush on and felt infinitely inferior to. It's not good at all, but I was amused at finding it, so I put it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home