fever 103

Rouze up! Set your foreheads against the ignorant Hirelings! — Wm. Blake

Monday, May 08, 2006

Suffrugate City

Yesterday was our anniversary. Thom couldn't get off work, but we still had a good time after he got home. I stayed in and studied all day, made some miso soup with HUGE chunks of kombu floating around in it. Man, do not underestimate the ability of Japanese seaweed to expand when you cook it. I studied more and read out of the Oxford Book of Literary Anecdotes before going to bed while Thom did some stock research. We thought about going down to the fated parking lot for a while and hanging out, but it was cold and rainy, so we didn't.

This morning we got up at 10, way too late in my book, and went downtown to get some coffee, much needed by both parties. We saw several friends up and down the mall. It seems that we can't go to the mall without seeing someone we know. Oh, well, I'm not going to complain about having friends.

I now have two exams to go: English lit and Japanese lit. The former tomorrow, the latter on Thursday, with my 21st birthday in between. I actually got a birthday card from the president of the University, 'wishing me to have a happy birthday and celebrate responsibly.' Well, considering that I have an exam at 9AM the next morning, I think I will be celebrating responsibly. We're just going out to my parent's house for dinner. Maybe they'll give me some wine, or one of those strawberry daiquiris that have been hanging out in the back fridge for about six years.
Who knows.

Yesterday was the anniversary of such a landmark in my life that I had to go back and look through my old journals. What a year. That's why I posted those dopey poems and the 'Where I am' list. I showed that to Thom. He found it amusing. At any rate, I have to get back to studying. I'll have the house to myself all night and I had better make good use of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home